Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Excited to be working on my book!

I'm working on my new book, "Creating Shades to Remember."
I'm so excited to have a coach./mentor/project manager. Together we've made a timeline and though I may often feel like I'm in the preverbal tunnel, I'm beginning to envision the light at the end of it. 

Here is a tiny taste of what will be in it ... My project manager says this portion should been titled "Tips from a Pro." But I really like "Notes to Self."

Notes to self:
  • Measure twice, cut once
  • Always take “BEFORE” photos before you begin.
  • Disassemble and clean old shades out-of-doors.
  • Make sure your frame is balanced and even – if not, fix it first!
  • Make sure your fitter actually fits on your chosen lamp harp or socket.
  • BEFORE you go to all the work of lining, covering, gimping, beading and
  • fringing it!!!
  • Keep your eyes open and look at what others are tossing out … you may
  • find a treasure.
  • Stop Asking "Are we there yet?" It's a waste of time and energy!

Angelique, this one-of-a-kind shade and vintage lamp is still available. List price is $1,600. You can view more of my shade and lamp pieces at the Red Trillium Gallery in Troutdale, Oregon and online at Etsy/SadesToRemember.



No comments:

Post a Comment